Monday, December 13, 2010

Cut n' Paste Poetry - the first batch


After being set off course by the snow this weekend, I've finally gotten the first set of cut n' paste poetry creations posted!  I'll be at it again this week, Tuesday - Friday, collecting more work to post and display.

I'm really excited about this first batch.  Some of it is poetry, some of it's more like a running narrative, and some of it can be read in a variety of ways!  I'm pretty sure that everyone involved in making these had as much fun as I did, and I hope some of them will return this week when I'm at it again.  Look out for these projects in the halls at school, and, if you're interested in making your own poetry from recycled magazines, please do - and send me pictures so that I can post them here!  - Chad: 

 




4 comments:

  1. This is really cool :)
    -Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my high school photography class we had to cut pictures out of magazines that showed examples of design concepts, but when we were done we would make things like this, I still have an old folder...
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/tiger1i11y25/IMG_2938.jpg

    Also In high school I used to pass comic strips instead of notes. I would draw the first character and make them do something, then I would pass it and my friend would write the next character and they would react. It got pretty silly, maybe you can find a way to incorporate the "pass the comics" idea into play it forward?
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/tiger1i11y25/IMG_2941.jpg
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/tiger1i11y25/IMG_2940.jpg
    http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/tiger1i11y25/IMG_2939.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. i truly love this project. in high school we did this for my creative writing class and honestly its such a fun way to think outside of the box, to try and create a powerful message with random words. and its fun to do with other people, to sit and talk and do this project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey the bottom right hand corner one is mine! i definitely enjoyed helping you guys out!

    ReplyDelete